This course is intended for anyone needing or wanting a more thorough understanding of the ratemaking process natural gas companies follow to set rates charged to customers. Topics covered include fundamentals of economic regulation, regulatory overview, who regulates what: state and federal regulators and regulatory restructuring.
As a result of taking this course, the student should learn the following:
* The reasons for regulated rates
* Economic impacts when regulated rates are more or less than a fair market value
* Industry segments that are and are not under price regulation
* Regulatory bodies that have jurisdiction over industry segments
* Evolution of regulation and impacts on industry activity
* Current market and regulatory framework
This course is included in the Ratemaking Process Library and the SGA Core WBT Library.