This course is intended for anyone needing or wanting a more thorough understanding of the ratemaking process natural gas companies follow to set rates charged to customers. Topics covered include rates 101 and using the Rate Making Process to: achieve stakeholder objectives, establish goals and ensure corporate alignment, communicate Key messages, influence customer and competitor behavior, implement risk management and profit strategies, reward and penalize performance and change rates and revenues.
As a result of taking this course, the student should learn the following:
* Fundamental assumptions that support ratemaking techniques
* The basic ratemaking formula
* The importance of sound expense and usage forecasting
* The various stakeholders in the ratemaking process
* The strategic potential of the ratemaking process beyond just determining revised rates
This course is included in the Ratemaking Process Library and the SGA Core WBT Library.