This course is intended for anyone needing or wanting a more thorough understanding of terminology, the weld, welding methods, qualified procedure, qualifications and limitations for welders, protection, preparation, and testing, repair and maintenance and Appendix C Basic Test.
As a result of taking this course, the student should learn the following:
* The terminology used to describe the welding process
* What tasks are included in the welding process
* The procedures for welding and the qualifications and limitations for welders
* The protection, preparation, and testing for welding on pipelines
* Repair and maintenance required for welded pipe
* What is included in Appendix C.
This course is included in the DOT Regulatory Compliance Library and the SGA Core WBT Library.